3851 Menominee Street
P.O. Box 160
Quinnesec, MI 49876
The Assessor's Office annually appraises the value of each parcel of residential, commercial and industrial property in the township
THE ASSESSOR'S OFFICE CAN ASSIST YOU WITH:
The Assessor's Office performs the following tasks:
- Assists people with information pertaining to property record cards, such as:
- Legal Descriptions
- State Equalized Value; Taxable Value
- Square footage of a home; Year Built
- Lot Size
- Other informational questions
Helps to locate properties and make copies of assessment record cards as needed & maps showing where property is.
The Assessor's Office also does the following:
- Give tax information for tax bills and millage rates
- Has maps of the City & subdivisions to locate property
- Maintains a hard copy of the assessment rolls with alphabetic reference
- Update property info with every deed recorded
- Change mailing address per owner's request
- Sends out Change of Assessment notices every year the value changes
- Processes personal property statements and maintains those values every year.
- Maintains the IFT (industrial facility tax abatement) roll
- Process state required reports with totals after March Board of Review is completed
Michigan Statewide Search for Subdivision Plats - This system provides access to digital images, with print capability, of the plats and related documents of land subdivisions in the State of Michigan's plat files. The State of Michigan began maintaining a file of all plats in the state in 1873. A copy of all plats prepared after that date were filed with the State. Beginning in 1909 and completed in 1911, a copy of all plats on file with the 83 county Register of Deeds and recorded prior to 1873 were duplicated and the duplicate copies incorporated into the State's files. This system includes all plats in the State of Michigan beginning with the plats created under the 1821 territorial act for recording town plats.
PROPERTY ASSESSMENTS AND TAXABLE VALUES
INFLATION RATE MULTIPLIER FOR 2015
This page last updated on 6/20/2017.
Charter Township of Breitung | Dickinson County | Michigan | 3851 Menominee Street | P.O. Box 160 | Quinnesec, MI 49876