CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.
The Breitung Township Assessor's office annually appraises the value of each parcel of residential, commercial, and industrial property in the Township.
The Assessor's office can assist you with the following:
- Filing a Principle Residence Exemption (PRE) form.
- Filing a Rescind your PRE form.
- Filing a Property Transfer Affidavit form.
- Filing a Land Contract as a result of a sale/purchase in the Township.
- Assists people with information pertaining to property record cards, such as:
-State equalized value; taxable value
-Square footage of a home; year built
-Other informational questions
- Give tax information for tax bills
- Has maps of the city and subdivisions to locate the property
- Maintains a hard copy of the assessment roll with alphabetic reference
- Updates property information with every deed recorded
- Sends out Change of Assessment notices every year the value changes
- Processes personal property statements and maintains those values every year
- Maintains the industrial facility tax abatement (IFT) roll
- Processes state required documents with totals after March's Board of Review is completed
Joan K. Nelson