- Receives and takes charge of all funds belonging to the Township or which are required by law to be paid into the Township treasury
- Accounts for all funds according to law or Township board decisions
- Maintains accurate records of all income, receipts, and disbursements
- Agent for billing and collecting ad valorem and personal property summer and winter property taxes
- Disburses collections as mandated
- Settles with the County Treasurer each tax year
- Collects delinquent personal property taxes
- Promptly deposits all receipts in the Township depositories
- Keep an accurate accounting for each Township fund so that he or she can accurately report on the status of those funds
- Invests idle funds with lawful investment vehicles
- Reports at least quarterly to the Township board concerning the status of all investments of Township funds
- Maintains a uniform system of accounting as stated by the State Treasurer
- Township board member
- Appoints a deputy and trains him or her to perform all duties of the Treasurer, with the exception of voting on the Township board
- Processes dog licenses for Dickinson County
2018 Operating Fiscal Years:
These dates DO NOT affect when the tax is due or its amount.
CLICK HERE for more information on property taxes.
CLICK HERE for more information on dog licenses.