Home | Print | Log In |
Search: Go

Frequently Asked Questions

View Help for this Component
Who do I call when a street sign is down?
The Dickinson County Road Commission is in charge of maintaining the streets and street signs.  The phone number is (906) 774-1588.
My street light is out. Who do I call?
Call We Energies at their toll free number (800) 242-9137 or for power outage call (800) 662-4797.  You can also access an online form at the bottom of our home page.
When are tax bills mailed and when are they due?
Tax bills are mailed twice a year; The tax bills mailed July 1st are due September 14th and the tax bills mailed December 1st are due on February 14th.
Can I pay my bills online or with a credit/debit card?

Yes, you can go to the home page through the BS&A software or call the office at (906) 779-2052. There is a 3% convenience fee to use a credit or debit card.

There will be instructions for setting up an account with the software company that provides this service and there is a nominal records convenience fee charged if it is not your property.

Where do I get a Building Permit?

The first step in getting a Building Permit is a township issued Zoning Permit, available in our office or online under Forms and Applications.

After receiving a Zoning Permit from the Township, you need to go to the: Dickinson County Construction Code, 1200 Woodward Ave., Kingsford, MI   49802 or call (906) 774-4885.

What are your hours?
We're open 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Charter Township of Breitung | Dickinson County | Michigan | 3851 Menominee Street | P.O. Box 160 |  Quinnesec, MI  49876