The Michigan statewide moratorium on water fees and shutoffs expired March 31, 2021.
The Township Board understands that the past year has created financial hardship for many of our residents.
We will make every effort to help you get up to date on your water bill.
Your next water bill must be paid in FULL to avoid interest and late fees.
You may pay by cash, check, or call the office to process a payment over the phone with a debit or credit card.
If this payment is not possible a payment plan may be set up to get your household back on track.
Payment plans are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by the Township.
Please contact Utility Clerk, Helen with any questions regarding payment or the available Payment Plan.
Leaves/Yard Debris/Compost Pick-up
Beginning Monday May 3, 2021, compostable material such as leaves, brush, weeds, grass clippings, pine cones, pine needles, plants, etc. will be collected separately from normal household refuse collection. Thereafter, starting the first Monday of the first week of each month through November is designated as compost collection week. In the event that Monday is a legal holiday, the week will start on Tuesday.
Week of: May 3, June 7, July 6, August 2, September 7, October 4, November 1
The following rules apply for the collection of compostable materials:
- Materials to be collected must be placed out by 7:00am on Monday.
- All material shall be placed in the front of the property on the road right-of-way within 10 feet of the road or pavement for collection.
- Trash, rocks, and animal waste is not allowed. If the bag/container contains any of these items, it will be tagged and left behind.
- Compostable material must be in separate bags/containers. Each bag/container must not exceed 50lbs in weight.
- Brush and limbs must be bundled and cut into approximately 4-foot lengths. Limbs must not exceed 3 inches in diameter.
- House refuse, hazardous waste (e.g. gasoline, oil, paint, chemicals), tires, batteries, recyclable items (e.g. paper, plastics, glass, metals) will not be picked up as part of the compostable collection program. If the bag/container contains any of these items, it will be left behind.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
If you need to make a payment, or drop off any other Township correspondence,
please utilize one of our two drop boxes located at the north and south entrances of the Town Hall.
If you have a question, call the appropriate department using the numbers below:
Utility Clerk/Administrative Assistant: (906) 779-2052
Superintendent: (906) 779-2055
Assessing: (906) 779-2060
Code Enforcement: (906) 779-2053
Department of Public Works: (906) 779-2064
Treasurer: (906) 779-2065
Clerk: (906) 779-2050
BREITUNG TOWNSHIP NOW HAS
TWO DROPBOXES FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE!
You may utilize either one to drop off your utility/tax payments, absentee ballots/applications, or any other Township correspondence. The first box is the original one located to the right of the front doors of the Township Office Building and requires you to park and walk up to it. The second and new drop-box is located on the south side of the Township Office building, in front of the Board Room entrance, and allows you to drive-up and place your items in the box without having to leave your car.
PLEASE NOTE: THE NEW DROP-BOX LOOKS LIKE A USPS MAILBOX, HOWEVER, IT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN TOWNSHIP CORRESPONDENCE OR PAYMENTS. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE YOUR USPS MAIL IN THE BOX.
Have you checked out the Township's new Facebook page yet? If not, click here to visit and keep updated on information and events that affect your Township!
Questions about road construction or road plowing in your neighborhood? Contact the Dickinson County Road Commission at 906-774-1588!