- Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund (MIHAF)
- Leaves/Yard Debris/Compost Pick-Up
- Drop Boxes
- Questions about roads/plowing
The Charter Township of Breitung would like to thank everyone who completed a Township survey!
Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund (MIHAF)
Who Is Eligible?
- Homeowners with household incomes less than 150% of Area Median Income (AMI)
- Homeowners who own and occupy the property as their primary residence
- Homeowners must have and explain a financial hardship directly related to COVID-19 on or after January 21, 2020
back to top
Leaves/Yard Debris/Compost Pick-up
The first Monday of the first week of each month from May through November is designated as compost collection week. Compostable materials such as leaves, brush, weeds, grass clippings, pinecones, pine needles, plants, limbs, etc. will be collected separately from normal household refuse collection.For 2022, we will begin compost pick-up on May 2. If Monday is a legal holiday, the week will start on Tuesday. Dates are as follows:
- Materials to be collected must be placed out by 7:00 a.m. on Monday.
- All material shall be placed in the front of the property on the road right-of-way within 10 feet of the road or pavement for collection, including special collection material. Brush must be placed neatly in bundles parallel to the road.
- All compost must be in separate bags/containers. Each bag, container and brush bundle must not exceed 50 lbs. in weight.
- Compost and brush collection is for regular yard maintenance only. Property clearing will not be collected by the township.
- Special Collection: After a qualifying weather event, and following normal collection, the township may determine that there will be a special collection. Special collection is defined as larger than normal collection that requires additional township equipment and time. The DPW Superintendent and/or the Township Superintendent will determine if a weather event is considered to be a “qualifying weather event.” Residents are asked to call the Department of Public Works and request an assessment for special collection. The DPW will not be responsible for any damages to property during this collection.
- Additionally, all Breitung Township Residents that would like to dispose of brush themselves are welcome to stop in at the Township Hall and check out a key to the Free Brush Pile on Second Street in Quinnesec. Compost is to continue to be transported to the Dickinson County Waste transfer site at N2500 Baler Rd. located behind the Tricity Cinema. Brush is defined as sticks and branches. Compost is leaves, pine needles, dirt and grass clippings.
You may utilize either one to drop off utility/tax payments, absentee ballots/applications, or any other Township correspondence. The first box is located to the right of the front doors of the Township Office Building and requires you to park and walk up to it. The second drop-box is located on the south side of the Township Office building, in front of the Board Room entrance, and allows you to drive-up and place your items in the box without having to leave your car.
PLEASE NOTE: THE DRIVE-UP DROP-BOX LOOKS LIKE A USPS MAILBOX, HOWEVER, IT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN TOWNSHIP CORRESPONDENCE OR PAYMENTS. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE YOUR USPS MAIL IN THE BOX.
back to top
Questions about road construction or road plowing in your neighborhood?
Contact the Dickinson County Road Commission at 906-774-1588!
back to top
NOTICE TO QUALIFIED BIDDERS
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF BREITUNG
ANNUAL FINANCIAL AUDIT
The Charter Township of Breitung will be accepting bids for annual audits for three (3) years beginning with the fiscal year ending December 31, 2022. All bidders must respond completely to the requirements outlined in the AUDIT REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL document which may be obtained at the Township office during the hours of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm CST, or on the township web site: www.breitungtwp.org. Bids that do not conform to the RFP standards may be rejected. Bids are to be delivered to the Township Superintendent at 3851 Menominee Street, Quinnesec, MI 49876 or mailed to PO Box 160, Quinnesec, MI 49876, in a sealed envelope marked TOWNSHIP ANNUAL AUDIT no later than 4:00 PM on Monday January 9th, 2023. Breitung Township reserves the right to reject any, one or all bids, and to waive any irregularities in the bidding, and to accept the proposal which best meets the needs of the Township.