The Assessor's office can assist you with the following:
- Filing a Principle Residence Exemption (PRE) form.
- Filing a Rescind your PRE form.
- Filing a Property Transfer Affidavit form.
- Filing a Land Contract as a result of a sale/purchase in the Township.
- Assists people with information pertaining to property record cards, such as:
-State equalized value; taxable value
-Square footage of a home; year built
-Other informational questions
- Give tax information for tax bills
- Has maps of the city and subdivisions to locate the property
- Maintains a hard copy of the assessment roll with alphabetic reference
- Updates property information with every deed recorded
- Sends out Change of Assessment notices every year the value changes
- Processes personal property statements and maintains those values every year
- Maintains the industrial facility tax abatement (IFT) roll
- Processes state required documents with totals after March's Board of Review is completed
ASSESSOR: ASSESSING ASSISTANT: