Click here to view 2021 Water Rates
Click here to view the 2020 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report - Quinnesec
Click here to view the 2019 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report - East Kingsford
Breitung Township's water department is made up of the crew members from the Department of Public Works (DPW) as well as the Utility Clerk.
Contact the Utility Clerk to:
- Turn on or off water service; whether temporarily or permanently
- Start a new water account
- Ask questions about your water billing
- Set up final reads and name changes for water accounts
- Change the name on an account
- Change your billing or mailing address
Each winter, many homeowners face the expense and inconvenience of frozen water pipes. By taking a few simple precautions, you can cross that off your list of worries. Learn what you can do to Winterize Water Pipes.
Higher than usual water bill? Click here for information on where, and how, to check for leaks. If you are unable to find the problem on your own, Breitung Township's DPW can come out to your home and do a leak and meter inspection. Call the Utility Clerk with questions and to make an appointment.
**UTILITY POLICY IN REGARDS TO RENTAL HOMES:
The Charter Township of Breitung does not switch utilities in to renter's or tenant's names. The home’s utilities will remain in the homeowner’s or landlord’s name, as they are the responsible party for all outstanding balances. If you have questions about this policy, please call the Utility Clerk at the number listed below.
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR UTILITY BILLS:
1. In-person. Our office is open 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday. We accept cash, checks and debit/credit cards in the office.
2. 24-hour drop box. Can’t make it in during normal business hours? We have two secure drop boxes located next to our front door and in front of the board room doors that you can drop your payment into anytime.
3. Online. BS&A, our billing software company, provides our residents with the ability to pay their tax and utility bills online. You can find that option by going to our website, www.breitungtwp.org, and clicking on the “Payment and Parcel Information” link on the main page. Once on that page, please choose “BS&A Payment/Information Site”. You will have to create a login if you haven’t already and the website will walk you through the process from there.
4. Over the phone. If you’re wanting to pay with your debit or credit card, you can call the Utility Clerk or our Treasurer and we can take payments over the phone.
5. Mail. You can mail in your payment to:
PO Box 160
Quinnesec, MI 49876
PO Box 160
Quinnesec, MI 49876
6. ACH withdrawal. We offer FREE automatic withdrawal from either your checking or savings account on the day your bill is due. If you’re interested in ACH withdrawal for your taxes, please contact the Treasurer. If you’re interested in ACH withdrawal for your utility bills, please contact the Utility Clerk.
When paying with a debit or credit card, please keep in mind the 3%, minimum of $2, convenience fee that our third-party provider charges.
Whether mailing or dropping off a bill payment, it MUST be received in our office by the due date in order to avoid the late penalty.
Breitung Township DOES NOT accept postmarks for any payments, whether utility or tax.