Quick Links

Water Quality Reports
Breitung Township's water department is made up of the crew members from the Department of Public Works (DPW) as well as the Utility Clerk.

Contact the Utility Clerk to:

  • Turn on or off water service, whether temporarily or permanently
  • Start a new water account
  • Ask questions about your water billing
  • Set up final reads and name changes for water accounts
  • Change the name on an account
  • Change your billing or mailing address
If you are building within the Township and want to know if you're going to need to hook up to Township water or dig your own well, please contact DPW Superintendent Jay Davis at 906-779-2064 or at dpw@breitungtwp.org.

Each winter, many homeowners face the expense and inconvenience of frozen water pipes.  By taking a few simple precautions, you can cross that off your list of worries.  Learn what you can do to Winterize Water Pipes.

Higher than usual water bill?  Click here for information on where, and how, to check for leaks.  If you are unable to find the problem on your own, Breitung Township's DPW can come out to your home and do a leak and meter inspection.  Call the Utility Clerk with questions and to make an appointment.

The Charter Township of Breitung does not switch utilities in to renter's or tenant's names.  The home’s utilities will remain in the homeowner’s or landlord’s name, as they are the responsible party for all outstanding balances.  If you have questions about this policy, please call the Utility Clerk at the number listed below.


In-person. Our lobby is currently open for walk-in from 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday. We accept cash, checks, and debit/credit cards.
* Debit/Credit cards incur a convenience fee of 3%, $2 minimum.

24-hour drop box. Can’t make it in during normal business hours? We have a secure drop box located next to our front door and a secure drive-up drop box at the back of the building that you can drop your payment into anytime.
* When dropping off a bill payment, it MUST be received in our office by the due date in order to avoid the late penalty. 

Online. BS&A, our billing software company, provides our residents with the ability to pay their tax and utility bills online. You can find that option by going to our website, www.breitungtwp.org, and clicking on the “Online Payments” link here and on the main page.  Once on that page, please read the instructions and click the link at the bottom. You will have to create a login - if you haven’t already - and the website will walk you through the process from there.

Over the phone. If you want to pay with your debit or credit card, you can call the Utility Clerk or our Treasurer and we can take payments over the phone between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
* Debit/Credit cards incur a convenience fee of 3%, $2 minimum.

Mail. You can mail your payment to:
Breitung Township
PO Box 160
Quinnesec, MI 49876
* When mailing a bill payment, it MUST be received in our office by the due date in order to avoid the late penalty.
* Breitung Township DOES NOT accept postmarks for any payments, whether utility or tax. 

ACH withdrawal.  We offer FREE automatic withdrawal from either your checking or savings account on the day your bill is due.  If you’re interested in ACH withdrawal for your taxes, please contact the Treasurer.  If you’re interested in ACH withdrawal for your utility bills, please contact the Utility Clerk.

Deanna Michaud